The River Club is Livingstone’s Premier destination on the Zambezi River. Voted by Travel and Leisure Magazine 2010 it is ranked in the Top 3 lodges in Zambia, in the Top 50 in Southern Africa and amongst the top 500 Hotels in the World. The lodge won the Heritage and Culture Award 2009 given by the Zambia Tourism Board for all the work undertaken in these areas within the Livingstone region. It is a proud member of Wilderness Safaris and part of the ECO LUXURY group of lodges around the world.
This owner run lodge, located on an magnificent vantage point, provides stunning views over a sweeping bend on the river. Steeped in history ranging from the establishing of Livingstone as a settler trading post, as a destination for Royal travellers and Hollywood stars over the years, a venue for the most extraordinary sporting events in the past to a gateway for displaced people after World War II, Peter Jones and the members of The River Club and Wilderness Safaris are able to provide an intriguing insight into the rich and colourful history that surrounds The Victoria Falls.
Perhaps the most important point to remember is that The River Club is the place where there are no early 05:30 wake up calls, for here guests are encouraged to lie in and enjoy the surroundings. The ‘Do Nothing Activity’ (DNA) around one of the most magnificent pools in the world is very popular indeed, especially at the end of a safari.
There is no doubt that a few nights stay at The River Club will add a new dimension to anyone’s journey to Africa and have them planning their next trip before they have even left to go home.
• A lodge within the
Wilderness Safaris group
• Luxury bespoke accommodation with views of the Zambezi River from all rooms, the gardens and swimming pool
• Breathtaking views of Africa
• Tours of The Victoria Falls
• African village tours, with an emphasis on assisting Social Development
• Game drives in Mosi O Tunya Park - with the chance of seeing a white rhino!
• Elephant back safaris
• Tour of Livingstone Town and the Jewish Tour
• Play a round of golf at the Historic Livingstone Royal Golf and Country Club
• 10 in house activities including river cruises, tennis, fishing, running track, gym, croquet, nature walk and games room.
• Helipad: (a) POSITION: 12km from town (b) COORDINATES: 17 49 20° South, 025 42 19° East
If you are considering a trip to Africa or an African safari then you have come to the right place as this spectacular African resort offers the best of both worlds in one idyllic location...The River Club, Wilderness Safaris, Zambia.