About The River Club
A boutique, owner-run luxury lodge, The River Club is Livingstone’s premier destination on the Zambezi River. The suites are situated 18 kilometers/11 miles upstream from the renowned Victoria Falls, a World Heritage Site and one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World.
- Children: aged 6 years and older are welcome; a host of activities await young and old, on property as well as at the nearby Victoria Falls
- Electricity: All rooms have electricity with multinational adaptors available on request
- Credit Cards: Visa and MasterCard accepted
- Disabled access: Two Luxury River Suites and the Luxury River Family Suite offer wheelchair access
- Weather: The winters are dry and warm to cool during the day but cold in the evening, spring is warm and cool in the evening, heating up to the summer where the temperatures remain hot throughout the day and night. The River Club is open year round. The Zambezi reaches its highest water levels during the months of March and April.
- Malaria: Yes – a low risk area
- Yellow Fever: No – vaccination no longer required
This boutique owner-run lodge, located on a magnificent vantage point, provides stunning views over a sweeping bend on the river.
Set on 20 hectares/ 50 acres of privately owned land, The River Club offers ample space for couples seeking privacy, or families looking to explore the area and participate in the host of activities on offer.
A Place to Relax
Here are no early wake-up calls. Guests are encouraged to lie in and soak up their surroundings. The ‘Do Nothing Activity’ (DNA) around one of the most magnificent pools in the world is very popular, especially after time spent exploring on safari!
Steeped in History
The main building, known as the Zambezi House, is an impressive Edwardian-style entertainment area with high plantation ceilings. Converted from the original farmhouse built in 1948, it provides a wonderful setting for guests to enjoy everything The River Club has to offer. While we serve most meals alfresco on the elegant terrace or by the poolside, the large dining room can seat all our guests in one sitting at the impressively long teak dining table.
There is a comfortable sitting room with fireplace and a well-stocked library which offers an eclectic collection of books, journals and board games. Wi-Fi provides connectivity throughout the main building and nearby areas. Our gift shop sells clothing, jewellery, postcards, books, curios and crafts should you wish to take home of a memento of your time with us.
Awards & Accolades
- Certificate of Excellence Trip Advisor - 2013
- Travel + Leisure Magazine World's Top 500 Hotels - 2010
- Heritage and Culture award Zambia Tourism - 2009
- A member of ECO LUXURY lodges around the world - 2009
- Conde Nast Traveller 10 Most Exclusive Lodges in Southern Africa February 2005
- WEXAS The Travellers Club, Chairman's Choice 2005
- Top 10 Cool Pools, The Guardian 2005
- Fodors Choice Top 20 Hotels in the World 2004
- Harpers and Queen 150 Greatest Escapes "Most Luxurious Action Spot" 2003
- Tatler 101 Best Hotel Destinations in the World Awards 2002
The River Club has been involved with the local community since 2000, helping improve the lives of the people who live there. This Social Development Project has been hugely successful largely due to the generous donations from guests who have stayed at or been connected to the lodge.